|1st||6:11||MNS||1-0||EV GW||Brad McClure (9)||Marc Michaelis/17, C.J. Franklin/11|
|2nd||16:33||MNS||2-0||EV||Parker Tuomie (4)||Max Coatta/5|
|3rd||17:42||MNS||3-0||EV EN||Brad McClure (10)||-|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Minnesota State (12-7-2)||0/2||2/4||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (7-14-2)||0/2||3/17||0|
|Minnesota State Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Aaron Nelson (W, 1-0-0)||60:00||0||4||9||5||18|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (L, 5-6-2)||59:46||2||11||9||10||30|
HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell to No. 19 Minnesota State by a final score of 3-0 in Friday night's WCHA series opener at the Von Braun Center. UAH slips to 7-14-1 (7-8-2 WCHA), while MSU improves to 12-7-2 (8-5-2 WCHA).
- Minnesota State's early go-ahead goal by Brad McClure at 6:11 of the first period would prove to be the game-winning tally as the Mavericks went on to win the contest 3-0.
Inside the Box Score
- After McClure's goal in the first, the Chargers defense rebounded to shutout the Mavericks for the rest of the period including a five-minute penalty caused by a Tyler Poulsen major/game misconduct at 12:23.
- Defense reigned supreme for the majority of the second period until Parker Tuomie made it a 2-0 MSU advantage at 16:33.
- The third period was also tightly contested as neither team netted a goal until late in the frame as McLure notched his second of the contest in an empty-net situation at 17:42.
- UAH held Minnesota State scoreless in two power-play chances.
- Jordan Uhelski's record slips to 5-6-2 in goal despite totaling a game-high 30 saves while allowing two goals.
- Matt Salhany and Cody Marooney tied for the team-high in shots on goal with three apiece.
- Brent Fletcher and John Teets paced the Blue & White with three blocks each.
- Uhelski now has four games with 30 saves or more in 2016-17.
Next Time Out
- UAH and Minnesota State wrap up the weekend series on Saturday with a 7:07 p.m. puck drop at the VBC.