|1st||3:54||ALH||1-0||SH||Hans Gorowsky (6)||Matt Salhany/5|
|1st||8:21||ALH||2-0||PP||Kurt Gosselin (9)||Brandon Parker/7, Austin Beaulieu/2|
|2nd||9:26||MTU||1-2||PP||Matt Roy (4)||Mark Auk/11, Gavin Gould/9|
|3rd||6:30||MTU||2-2||EV||Matt Roy (5)||Mike Neville/7, Shane Hanna/10|
|3rd||10:40||ALH||3-2||PP||Brennan Saulnier (3)||Kurt Gosselin/8, Brandon Parker/8|
|3rd||11:17||MTU||3-3||PP||Mitch Reinke (4)||Shane Hanna/11, Joel L'Esperance/9|
|3rd||17:44||ALH||4-3||EV||Matt Salhany (5)||Cody Marooney/2, Kurt Gosselin/9|
|3rd||19:49||MTU||4-4||EV EA GT||Jake Lucchini (10)||Reid Sturos/9, Shane Hanna/12|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Michigan Tech (16-9-7)||2/7||5/10||0|
|Alabama Huntsville (7-18-3)||2/4||8/16||1|
|Michigan Tech Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Angus Redmond (T, 15-4-5)||64:00||4||9||7||2||1||19|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (T, 5-6-3)||65:00||4||8||12||8||3||31|
HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team ended regulation in a 4-4 tie with visiting Michigan Tech on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center, with the Huskies earning the extra WCHA point in the shootout. UAH is now 7-18-3 (7-12-3 WCHA), while MTU stands at 16-9-7 (13-3-6 WCHA).
- With the extra attacker on after Michigan Tech emptied its net, Jake Lucchini provided the game-tying goal at 19:49 of the third period to knot the game at 4-4 and send the contest to overtime.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH jumped on the board first on Saturday night as Hans Gorowsky guided in a shorthanded, unassisted marker at 3:54 of the first period for the 1-0 lead.
- Not long after, Kurt Gosselin found twine with a shot from the blue line at 8:21 of the first on a power play with assists coming from Brandon Parker and Austin Beaulieu.
- After UAH took a 2-0 lead into intermission, Michigan Tech dug into the hosts lead with two unanswered goals by Matt Roy at 9:26 of the second and at 6:30 of the third to tie the contest at 2-2.
- The Chargers rebounded at 10:40 of the third period as Brennan Saulnier notched his third goal of the year on assists by Gosselin and Parker, prior to MTU's Mitch Reinke re-tying the game at 3-3 with a goal at 11:17 of the third.
- UAH took a pivotal 4-3 advantage on a breakaway goal by Matt Salhany at 17:44 of the third on assists by Cody Marooney and Gosselin, before Lucchini netted the game-tying goal in the waning moments of the third period.
- Both squads would go scoreless during the 5-on-5 overtime period and the 3-on-3 overtime period, before Michigan Tech took the extra WCHA point in shootouts.
- Jordan Uhelski totaled 31 saves in the tie on Saturday, and his record now sits at 5-6-3 in his junior season.
- UAH had 23 total shots on goal, paced by Gorowsky with a team-high four shots on target.
- Gosselin has registered three points in a game two times this season, as he previously recorded at hat trick against Ferris State on Dec. 3. His two assists were a season-high as well.
- Parker has recorded two assists in a game twice against Michigan Tech this season, with his first two-helper performance coming at MTU on Oct. 14.
- Gorowsky's shorthanded goal was the second of his career.
Next Time Out
- UAH treks to Alaska Fairbanks next weekend for a two-game WCHA series. Puck drops at 10:07 p.m. CST next Friday and Saturday night in Fairbanks, Alaska.