|1st||15:28||UMA||1-0||EV||Jake Horton (1)||Kurt Keats/8, Steven Iacobellis/7|
|2nd||3:35||ALH||1-1||EV EA||Max McHugh (7)||Josh Kestner/11, Jordan Larson/7|
|OT||2:10||UMA||2-1||EV GW||Griff Jeszka (5)||William Lagesson/5, Niko Hildenbrand/1|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||OT||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Alabama Huntsville (7-12-2)||0/4||3/6||0|
|Alabama Huntsville Goaltending||MIN||GA||1||2||3||OT||Saves|
|Jordan Uhelski (L, 5-5-2)||62:05||2||6||6||5||0||17|
|Ryan Wischow (W, 4-8-2)||61:31||1||10||10||9||0||29|
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn.| The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team lost to Massachusetts by a final score of 2-1 in overtime on Friday afternoon at Mariucci Arenca in the opening matchup of the 26th annual Mariucci Classic. UAH slips to 7-12-2, while UMass improves to 5-12-2.
- Following a 1-1 tie through 60 minutes of play in the Mariucci Classic opener, UMass took the 2-1 victory on an overtime goal by Griff Jeszka at 2:10 of the overtime frame for the 2-1 win.
Inside the Box Score
- After 15 minutes of scoreless play, the Minutemen were able to jump on the board with a tally by Jake Horton at 15:28 of the first to give UMass a 1-0 lead heading into the second.
- However, the Chargers rebounded quickly into the second period with a marker by Max McHugh at 3:35 for the 1-1 tie. McHugh was assisted by Josh Kestner and Jordan Larson on the play.
- Following a full 20 minutes of scoreless action, UMass's Jeszka delivered the game-winning goal at 2:10 in the opener of the Mariucci Classic.
- The Chargers put a total of 30 shots on goal in the contest, paced by four different players with four shots apiece.
- Jordan Larson fell to 5-5-2 on the season after totaling 17 saves and one goal allowed.
- Max McHugh now has 60 career points and has totaled at least one point in his last four games.
Next Time Out
- The Chargers next time out depends on the outcome of the Minnesota/Mercyhurst matchup on Friday, with UAH earning either the 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. time slot on their outcome.