HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team slipped in its 2018-19 home opener at the Von Braun Center on Friday night as Arizona State took the series opener by a score of 2-1. UAH dips to 0-5-0, while ASU rises to 3-2-0.
Next Time Out
- UAH and Arizona State wrap up the nonconference series on Saturday with a 7:07 p.m. matchup at the VBC. The first 500 fans in attendance will receive the first installment of the 2018-19 UAH hockey trading card set.
- After UAH knotted the game at 1-1 early in the second period, Arizona State pulled ahead at 15:42 of the second on a goal by Brett Gruber before a scoreless third period gave the Sun Devils the 2-1 win.
Inside the Flow
- The Sun Devils were first on the board at 14:40 of the first period as Tyler Busch scored for the visitors.
- UAH tied the game at 1-1 just 30 seconds into the second period as Hans Gorowsky worked a breakaway opportunity for his first goal of the season. Madison Dunn notched his first assist of the season on the tally.
- ASU was able to score the game-winning goal by Gruber at 15:42 of the second before both teams went scoreless in the third period.
Inside the Box Score
- Mark Sinclair made the start in goal for the Chargers, turning in 17 saves with two goals allowed.
- UAH outshot Arizona State by a 27-19 margin.
- The Chargers were led by Hans Gorowsky and Jesper ÷hrvall with four shots on goal apiece.
- Seven Chargers had at least two shots on goal.
- UAH went 27-for-60 in the face-off circle.
- Arizona State was held to zero goals in two power-play chances, getting just two total shots off in the man-advantages.
- Gorowsky now has 15 goals in his career after recording his first of the season Friday.
- Sinclair has allowed two or fewer goals in back-to-back starts.