HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team dropped a 2-1 decision to No. 12 Bowling Green on Sunday afternoon in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association series finale at the Von Braun Center. UAH dips to 1-13-0 (1-7-0 WCHA), while BGSU rises to 10-3-2 (5-2-1 WCHA).
- After both teams were knotted at 1-1 through the second period, an early tally in the first minute of the first period by Lukas Craggs proved to be the difference-maker for the Falcons as BGSU went on to win the contest 2-1.
- Bowling Green was first on the board for the second night in a row as Casey Linkenheld scored for the visitors at the 11:05 mark to give the Falcons the early lead.
- The game knotted up at the 13:40 mark when Bowling Green errantly sent a puck into its own net on a delayed penalty with an empty goal. Jack Jeffers was credited with the tally on the play.
After a full scoreless second, Bowling green pulled ahead 48 seconds into the third period on Craggs' marker which brought the game to its 2-1 final.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH totaled 14 shots on goal on the day, led by Connor James with three shots saved.
- Both Christian Rajic and Jeffers each had two shots on goal.
- The Chargers went 21-for-41 in the face-off circle overall on the day.
- Jake Theut took the loss in goal, totaling 35 saves in his time between the pipes.
- UAH held BGSU to zero goals in a pair of power-play chances.
- Jeffers' fourth goal of the season leads the Chargers, and he's now in a three-way tie for the team lead in points with five (4g-1a).
- Jeffers has at least one point in three of the past four games now.
- Theut has allowed two goals or fewer in back-to-back starts, and owns at least 30 saves in five consecutive contests.
Next Time Out
- UAH hits the road to rival Bemidji State next Friday and Saturday to continue WCHA play.