BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The No. 15 ranked Bowling Green State University hockey team fell short against Alabama Huntsville in game one of the two game series by a score of 4-2. The loss moves the Falcons' record to 20-9-5 with a 15-8-4-3 standing within the WCHA. As for the Chargers, they advance to 8-25-2 overall while being 8-17-2-2 in the conference play. Sam Craggs led the way for the Orange and Brown, putting up a goal and an assist on the night.
Next Home Game
The Falcons will return to Slater Family Ice Arena on March 2 for the second game of the two game series with Alabama Huntsville. The game will conclude the weekend series and Bowling Green's regular season. The Orange and Brown will also be recognizing their seven senior skaters on the roster at the game.
- Sam Craggs was the first to light up the lamp for the Falcons, scoring in the second period. He was assisted on the goal by seniors Connor McDonald and John Schilling.
- The Chargers tied the game early in the third period with a goal from Madison Dunn with an assist from Kurt Gosselin.
- Alabama Huntsville broke the tie in the third period with a goal coming from Jesper Ohrvall. He was unassisted on the play.
- UAH capitalized on a power play opportunity with Hans Gorowsky scoring their third goal of the night. Kurt Gosselin and Dayne Finnson picked up assists on the goal.
- After pulling the goalie, the Falcons captured a goal off the stick of Jacob Dalton to bring the score to 3-2. He was assisted by both Craggs brothers.
- With the goalie off the ice, the Chargers added an insurance goal with just over three seconds left to play. Connor Merkley was the one to push the puck across the ice, being assisted by Austin Beaulieu.
Other Key Plays
- The game started with a close competition. Both teams registered seven shots on goal in the first period, with neither team able to capitalize for a goal.
- With three minutes left in the second period, the Falcons were issued a bench minor for having too many men on the ice, but were able to kill the penalty while maintaining their 1-0 lead.
- Near the end of the second period, Sam Craggs and John Teets were sent to the box for two minutes each with the penalties carrying over to the third period.
Falcon Stat Facts
- Sam Craggs' goal was his seventh of the season and his 13th point, including his assist, moving him to ninth on the team in total points.
- With his assist on Cragg's goal, John Schilling became the seventh Falcon to register 10 assists on the season, bringing his total points to 16.
- Lukas Craggs tallied his tenth assist on the season, the eighth Falcon to reach the milestone. With 13 goals, Craggs becomes the third BGSU skater to hit double digits in both goals and assists, joining Max Johnson and Connor Ford.
The Falcons will conclude their regular season slate on Saturday, March 2 by hosting Alabama Huntsville in the second game of their weekend series. The game will also serve as senior night for Bowling Green. Next on the schedule for Bowling Green will be the WCHA playoffs. BGSU has already clinched a home series in the first round, which will be held March 8 - March 10.