COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team was edged in its Friday night matchup at Colorado College by a score of 1-0 at Broadmoor World Arena. UAH dips to 0-3-0, while CC rises to 2-1-0.
- The lone offense in the contest proved to be the difference-maker as Colorado College's Christiano Versich put the Tigers ahead 1-0 at 7:26 of the second period on the way to edging the Chargers on Friday.
Inside the Action
- Despite a scoreless first period, Mark Sinclair had plenty of work in goal during the initial 20 minutes as the sophomore registered a total of 23 saves to keep the score knotted at 0-0 heading to intermission.
- Sinclair added five more saves to open the second period until Colorado College's Versich scored the game-deciding goal at 7:26 of the frame.
- A native of Dundas, Ontario, Sinclair continued to keep the Chargers within striking distance in the third with 16 saves in the period, but CC would go on to record the 1-0 win.
Inside the Box Score
- Sinclair ended the contest with a total of 46 saves for a .979 save percentage in his second start of the season.
- UAH generated 18 shots on goal, led by Austin Beaulieu and Christian Rajic with three shots on target apiece.
- Connor James, Drew Lennon, and Jesper ÷hrvall rated second on the roster with two shots on goal each.
- The Chargers held the Tigers to zero goals in four power-play chances, including a full two-minute 5-on-3 opportunity in the first period.
- UAH went 25-for-51 in the face-off circle.
- Sinclair's 46 saves are a career-high for the sophomore.
- UAH goalies have registered 40 or more saves in back-to-back games, with Jake Theut totaling 41 stops in his start last Sunday at Miami.
Next Time Out
- UAH looks ahead to another nonconference matchup on Saturday with a trip to No. 10 Denver for an 8:07 p.m. CT contest.