DENVER, Colo. | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell in its nonconference matchup at No. 10 Denver on Saturday night by a final score of 6-0 at Magness Arena. UAH dips to 0-4-0, while DU improves to 2-0-0.
- Denver took an early lead 25 seconds into the first period on a tally by Les Lancaster, and the Pioneers would not look back as the hosts went on to win the contest by a 6-0 final.
Inside the Action
- Lancaster gave the Pioneers the early lead 25 seconds into the first period, followed by a goal by Jarid Lukosevicius at 11:54 as Denver took a 2-0 lead into first intermission.
- Denver added a pair of power-play goals in the latter part of the second period to lead 4-0 through 40 minutes, with Liam Finlay scoring at 14:17 and Brett Stapley notching a tally at 16:47.
- Finlay went on to secure the hat trick in the contest with goals at 1:18 and 18:30 of the third period to bring the game to its 6-0 final.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH goaltender Jake Theut made his second start in net this season, turning in 43 saves in the loss.
- Theut had at least 11 saves in each period, including a game-high 19 stops in the first frame.
- The Chargers totaled 16 shots on goal, paced by senior Cam Knight with three shots on target.
- Hans Gorowsky, Kurt Gosselin, Bauer Neudecker, and John Teets each posted two shots on goal.
- Theut's 43 saves are a season-high for the senior, as he's totaled 40 or more saves in back-to-back appearances.
Next Time Out
- UAH opens its 2018-19 home slate next Friday and Saturday when Arizona State visits for a nonconference series.