HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team slipped in the series finale against Lake Superior State on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center by a score of 2-1 in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association matchup. UAH dips to 0-8-0 (0-2-0 WCHA), while LSSU rises to 4-0-0 (2-0-0 WCHA).
- With UAH leading 1-0 entering the third period, Lake Superior State turned the tables with a pair of goals by Anthony Nellis at 7:08 and Hampus Erikkson at 12:18 to help the Lakers earn the 2-1 in on Saturday.
- After a scoreless first period between UAH and LSSU, the Chargers pulled ahead on a goal by Jack Jeffers at 4:08, when the freshman caught a feed from Jesper ÷hrvall in front of the crease following a forced turnover by Christian Rajic. Both Rajic and ÷hrvall notched assists on the play.
- Lake Superior State knotted the game at 1-1 on Nellis' tally at 7:08 of the third period before Erikkson sent in the game-winner at 12:18.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH registered 30 shots on goal against LSSU, paced by defensemen Connor James and Kurt Gosselin with four shots on goal apiece.
- ÷hrvall and Dayne Finnson each added three shots on goal to rank second on the roster.
- Mark Sinclair made his fifth start in goal on Saturday, accruing 24 saves in the loss. His record dips to 0-5-0 on the year.
- UAH held LSSU to zero goals in three opportunities.
- Jeffers' goal was his second of the year, which is the most by a Charger so far this season.
- ÷hrvall now leads the roster with three points on three assists, registering one assist in each game of the series against Lake Superior State.
Next Time Out
- UAH is back at home next Friday and Saturday when Michigan Tech visits for a two-game WCHA series.