OXFORD, Ohio | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell in the series finale on Sunday against Miami by a final score of 4-0 in the nonconference meeting. UAH dips to 0-2-0, while MU improves to 2-0-0.
Next Time Out
- The Chargers have a pair of matchups against NCHC affiliates in the state of Colorado next weekend as UAH takes on Colorado College on Friday before a trip to Denver on Saturday.
- After a scoreless opening period, Miami turned in a pair of second period goals by River Rymsha at 5:39 and Karch Bachman at 8:23 to help the RedHawks to the 4-0 victory.
- Following the scoreless first, the RedHawks took the first lead of the game at the 5:39 mark on a goal by Rymsha prior to Bachman's tally at 8:23 which made it a 2-0 advantage for the hosts.
- Miami added two more goals in the third period to bring the game to its final score of 4-0 as Josh Melnick scored at 3:24 and Ryan Siroky notched a tally at 13:46.
Inside the Box Score
- Jake Theut - a graduate transfer from Northeastern for this season - made his first start in goal for the Chargers, totaling 41 saves in the loss.
- UAH totaled 11 shots on goal in the game, as Madison Dunn, Hans Gorowsky, Christian Rajic, and Levi Wunder had two shots saved apiece.
- Cam Knight finished with a team-high three blocks, with UAH totaling 13 blocks as a team.
- The Chargers held the RedHawks to zero goals in three power-play opportunities.
- Theut's 41 saves are the most by a Charger since Jordan Uhelski has 41 stops against Lake Superior State on Nov. 18, 2017.