HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell 4-1 to visiting Michigan Tech on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association series finale. UAH dips to 0-10-0 (0-4-0 WCHA), while MTU rises to 3-3-0 (2-0-0 WCHA).
- The Huskies turned in a pair of goals in the second period after a scoreless first to own a 2-0 advantage on tallies by Keegan Ford and Jake Lucchini which helped the visitors to the 4-1 win in the series finale.
- Following the scoreless first period, Michigan Tech broke the scoreless tie 47 seconds into the second frame on a tally by Ford.
- MTU later added to its lead with a power-play marker by Lucchini at 7:27.
- The Huskies struck early into the third period as Greyson Reitmeier scored on the power play at the 1:26 mark.
- UAH ended the MTU shutout bid at 14:07 of the third when Madison Dunn's one-timer found the back of the net to slim the visitors' advantage to 3-1. Both Hans Gorowsky and John Teets notched assists on the play.
- Michigan Tech brought the game to its final score of 4-1 with an empty-netter by Lucchini with 12 seconds left in the third.
Inside the Box Score
- Mark Sinclair made the start in goal for the fourth game in a row, turning in 25 saves. His record slips to 0-7-0 on the season.
- UAH totaled 23 shots on goal in the loss, paced by Cam Knight and Dunn with three shots on goal apiece.
- Teets registered a team-high two blocks.
- The Chargers went 30-for-62 in the faceoff circle, with Gorowsky totaling the most face-off wins with 13 in the contest.
- Dunn's goal was his first of the season.
- With one point apiece tonight, Dunn (1g-2a), Gorowsky (1g-2a) and Jesper ÷hrvall (0g-3a) are tied for the team lead in points.
Next Time Out
- UAH is away from competition next weekend before heading to Alaska Fairbanks for a two-game WCHA series on Nov. 16-17.