BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The No. 9 ranked Bowling Green State University hockey team took game one of their two game series against Ferris State University on Friday (Jan. 25) night as the Falcons defeated the Bulldogs by a final score of two to zero. The Falcons scored twice on 37 shots on goal. Sophomore goaltender Eric Dop recorded his second shutout victory in a row as he backstopped the Falcons to victory. This is the third shutout of his career and his second shutout victory. All three shutouts have been recorded during the 2018-19 season. Dop's goaltending would remain strong throughout the contest as fellow sophomores Max Johnson and Cameron Wright would score a pair of power play goals for Bowling Green. Bowling Green will be back on home ice on Saturday (Jan. 26) night as they host the Bulldogs for the second of this two game series.
- Max Johnson would tally the first goal of the evening on a BGSU power play 15:35 into the second period. This turned out to be the game-winner. He was assisted by Brandon Kruse and Stephen Baylis.
- Cameron Wright would score another power play goal for the Falcons 10:29 into the third period. Max Johnson and Alec Rauhauser would record assists on the play.
Falcon Stat Facts
- Eric Dop's 22 save shutout in Friday's (Jan. 25) win is the third shutout of his season and career. This is his second shutout victory in a row as Eric Dop made 31 saves to defeat the Alaska Nanooks last weekend (Jan. 19). This is the first time Bowling Green has recorded multiple shutouts in a row since the 2016-17 season when the Falcons recorded three straight shutout wins to close the regular season (Feb. 11, 24, 25, 2017). Chris Nell was in net for BGSU in those three games. One more shutout for Eric Dop would tie him with fellow Falcon goaltender Ryan Bednard with four in his career.
- Max Johnson tallied multi-point game number 14 of his career in Friday (Jan. 25) night's win. He now has seven multi-point performances on the 2018-19 campaign.
- Cameron Wright tallied his sixed goal of the season in Friday's (Jan 25) win. This goal was Wright's 40th career point for the Bowling Green Falcons. He has recorded six goals and nine assists for 15 points on the season.
- Tallying an assist each, Stephen Baylis and Brandon Kruse both extended their point streaks to two games apiece. This is Brandon Kruse's third multi-game point streak of the 2018-19 season, as he has had streaks of six games and seven games respectively.
- Bowling Green's win over Ferris State keeps them in second place in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association standings with 40 points. They are just five points behind Minnesota State who sit in first place with 45 points.
- Bowling Green will host the Ferris State Bulldogs for game two of this series on Saturday (Jan. 26) night. The Falcons will then continue WCHA play as they travel to Northern Michigan next weekend for a two game road series (Feb. 1-2).