HUNTSVILLE - The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell to Alaska Anchorage by a final score of 3-1 on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center in the final game of a two-game Western Collegiate Hockey Association series. UAH dips to 0-9-1 (0-5-1 WCHA), while UAA improves to 2-4-2 (2-1-1 WCHA).
- Alaska Anchorage took a late lead at 16:55 of the third period on a marker by Trey deGraaf on the way to topping UAH 3-1 on Saturday night.
- After a scoreless first period, UAH went on the board first at 13:48 of the second period as Brandon Salerno sent in a rebound on the power play. Both Tanner Hickey and Connor James collected assists on the play.
- Alaska Anchorage knotted the game at 1-1 on a tally by deGraaf at 15:14 of the second, which would be the score heading into second intermission.
- The Seawolves took a 2-1 edge at the 16:55 mark of the third period on deGraaf's second goal of the game, before an empty-net goal at 19:52 by Alex Frye brought the game to its 3-1 final.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH posted 26 shots on goal during the matchup, paced by freshman Daneel Lategan with four.
- Seniors Austin Beaulieu and Salerno rated second on the roster with three shots on goal apiece.
- The Chargers had nine blocked shots as a team on Saturday, led by James and Hickey with two blocks each.
- UAH held UAA to zero goals in three power-play chances.
- David Fessenden took the loss in goal to drop his season record to 0-3-0, accumulating 25 saves in the contest.
- Liam Izyk owned a team-high 12 face-off wins.
- Salerno's goal was his first of the season.
- Hickey's assist was his first career helper.
- Fessenden made his first career start in goal in Huntsville.
Next Time Out
- UAH is away from competition next weekend before heading to rival Bemidji State on Nov. 22-23.