HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell to Alaska by a final score of 3-0 on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association series finale. UAH dips to 2-21-5 (2-15-5 WCHA), while UAF improves to 14-13-3 (12-9-3 WCHA).
- Alaska took an early lead at 2:06 of the first period and would not look back in the Nanooks 3-0 win on Saturday.
- UAF went on the board first with a power-play tally by Kylar Hope at 2:06.
- The Nanooks added another goal on the power play at 6:26 of the second period, before an empty-netter at 19:57 of the third by Tristan Thompson brought the game to its 3-3 final score.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH totaled 26 shots on goal against Alaska, led by Dayne Finnson with six shots saved.
- Tanner Hickey rated second on the roster with four shots on goal.
- Austin Beaulieu generated a team-high two blocked shots.
- Mark Sinclair took the loss in goal, after allowing two goals and making 21 saves.
Next Time Out
- UAH hits the road to Lake Superior State for a two-game series next Friday and Saturday night. The Chargers and Lakers will play north of the boarder on Feb. 15 in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.