HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team wrapped up the 2019-20 campaign at the Von Braun Center with a 4-1 loss to Bowling Green in a Western Collegiate Hockey Association matchup. UAH ends the year at 2-26-6 (2-20-6 WCHA), while BGSU improves to 19-13-4 (14-10-4 WCHA).
- Bowling Green scored twice in a major power play in the latter half of the second period as the Falcons went on to take the regular season finale 3-1 over UAH.
- The Falcons went ahead in the first period at 8:44 with a power-play marker by Taylor Schneider.
- UAH evened the game at 1-1 with a power-play goal of their own at 7:11 of the second period as Austin Beaulieu sent in a shot off assists by Connor James and Josh Latta.
- Bowling Green took advantage of a major power play later in the second period with power-play tallies by Brandon Kruse at 14:21 and Connor Ford at 16:11 to own a 3-1 advantage.
- The Falcons added a late power play goal at 19:01 of the third period by Carson Musser to bring the game to its 4-1 final.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH has 22 shots on goal, led by Connor James and Daneel Lategan with three apiece.
- Mark Sinclair took the loss in goal, allowing three goals and making 35 saves.
- UAH celebrated the careers of seniors Austin Beaulieu, Connor James, Sean Rappleyea, Teddy Rotenberger and Brandon Salerno prior to the season finale.
- Beaulieu scored his sixth goal of the season, giving him 15 career markers.
- Latta finishes the season with a team-high 18 points, seven goals, and 11 assists.