HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell to rival Bemidji State 3-1 on Thursday night at the Von Braun Center to open a two-game Western Collegiate Hockey Association series. UAH dips to 1-17-3 (1-11-3 WCHA), while BSU improves to 11-7-3 (11-3-1 WCHA).
- Bemidji State took a 2-1 advantage at 5:49 of the third period on a goal by Alex Adams, and UAH would not recover from the damage as the Beavers went on to win 3-1 on Thursday.
- The Beavers went on the board first with a goal by Rosen at 7:47 of the opening period, as the visitors took a 1-0 lead into intermission.
- The Chargers evened the game at 1-1 at 4:36 of the second period on a breakaway tally by Jack Jeffers off a long pass by Connor Merkley on the assist.
- BSU regained the lead at 2-1 on a goal by Adams at the 5:49 mark of the third period, and went on to make it a 3-1 advantage - which would stand as the night's final score - on Rosen's second goal of the game at 11:55 on the power play.
Inside the Box Score
- Mark Sinclair took the loss in goal to dip his season record to 1-13-3, after making 20 saves and allowing three goals.
- The Chargers totaled 24 shots on goal against the Beavers, led by Bauer Neudecker with five shots on goal on Thursday.
- Senior captain Austin Beaulieu rated second on the roster with four shots on goal.
- Jeffers and Merkley paced the offense with one point apiece, as Jeffers scored the lone goal and was assisted by Merkley.
- UAH went 28-for-58 on face-offs.
- Connor James blocked a team-high three shots, as the squad accrued seven blocks in the contest.
- Jeffers now has 10 points on the season with five goals and five assists. His five goals are tied for the team lead.
Next Time Out
- UAH and Bemidji State wrap up the two-game set on Saturday at 7:37 p.m.