HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team wrapped up a Western Collegiate Hockey Association series with No. 2 Minnesota State with a 4-1 loss on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center. UAH dips to 0-6-0 (0-2-0 WCHA), while MSU improves to 5-0-1 (2-0-0 WCHA).
- The Mavericks outpaced the Chargers 3-1 in the third period as the visitors took the series finale by a 4-1 final on Saturday night in the Rocket City.
- After a scoreless first period, Minnesota State went on the board at the 17:17 mark of the second period as Charlie Gerard broke the scoreless tie.
- UAH evened the score at 1-1 at 2:27 of the third period when Adrian Danchenko forced a turnover in the MSU end and passed to Sean Rappleyea who sent in the tally.
- Minnesota State went on to score three unanswered by Reggie Lutz at 11:29, Nathan Smith at 12:13 and Parker Tuomie at 19:23.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH totaled 15 shots on goal in the contest, led by Connor James and Austin Beaulieu with three shots on target apiece.
- Both Josh Latta and Daneel Lategan added two shots on goal in the contest.
- Liam Izyk won a team-high nine face-offs.
- Mark Sinclair dropped to 0-4-0 in goal this season, despite accruing 34 saves on the night.
- UAH held Minnesota State to zero goals in four power-play chances.
- The Chargers had 17 blocks as a team, paced by Tanner Hickey who got in the way of five shots.
- Sinclair has 30 or more saves in back-to-back starts.
- The Chargers 17 blocks are the most by the team this season.
- Danchenko's assist was his first career point.
- Rappleyea's goal was his first of the season, giving the squad five different goal scorers this season.
Next Time Out
- UAH hits the road to Northern Michigan next Friday and Saturday to continue the WCHA schedule.