HUNTSVILLE | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team upended Michigan Tech by a final score of 3-1 on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center in the finale of a two-game Western Collegiate Hockey Association series. UAH improves to 2-20-4 (2-14-4 WCHA), while MTU dips to 15-13-3 (10-10-2 WCHA).
- The Chargers power-play goal at 17:37 of the second period by Jack Jeffers proved to be the difference as UAH went on to top MTU 3-1 on Saturday.
- UAH went on the board first at 8:36 of the first period on a goal by Connor Wood off an assist by Ben Allen.
- The Chargers pushed the lead to 2-0 at 17:37 of the second on Jeffers' power-play tally.
- Michigan Tech cut the UAH lead to 2-1 at 12:12 of the third with a goal by Tommy Parrottino.
- The Chargers added an empty-net, shorthanded tally by Liam Izyk at 18:47 of the third, which brought the game to its 3-1 final score.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH compiled 21 shots on goal, led by Lucas Bahn and Jeffers with four apiece.
- Wood finished with a team-high +2 rating on the ice, as four other Chargers had +1 ratings.
- The Chargers notched 20 blocks, as four different UAH players had three blocked shots in the contest.
- Izyk finished with a team-high two points on one goal and one assist.
- Mark Sinclair picked up the win in goal to improve to 2-16-4 in goal, after totaling 29 saves.
- UAH limited MTU to zero goals in seven power-play chances.
- This was UAH's first-ever win over Michigan Tech in Huntsville.
- Jeffers now ranks second on the roster with six goals.
- Izyk registered his first career multi-point performance.
Next Time Out
- UAH is back at home next Friday and Saturday night for Military Appreciation Weekend against Alaska. Puck drops at 7:07 p.m. both nights.