HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team dropped the Western Collegiate Hockey Association series finale to Northern Michigan by a score of 3-1 on Saturday night at the Von Braun Center. UAH dips to 1-12-1 (1-8-1 WCHA), while NMU improves to 8-6-2 (6-4-0 WCHA).
- The Chargers evened the game at 1-1 at 7:22 of the second period on a goal by Brandon Salerno, but the Wildcats responded quickly at 8:18 to regain the lead on the way topping UAH 3-1 on Saturday.
- Northern Michigan went on the board first with a shorthanded breakaway goal by Garrett Klee at 5:03 of the first period.
- The Chargers evened the proceedings at 1-1 at 7:22 of the second period on Salerno's one-timer goal off assists by Daneel Lategan and Connor Wood.
- NMU regained the lead at 8:18 of the second on a marker by Luke Voltin, before Vincent de May made it 3-1 Wildcats on an empty-net tally at 19:45 of the third.
Inside the Box Score
- Mark Sinclair drops to 1-8-0 this season in goal, after making 32 total saves in the contest.
- Sinclair made 13 or more saves in each of the first two periods.
- The Chargers accrued 17 shots on goal in the loss, led by Austin Beaulieu with a team-high four shots on goal.
- Tyr Thompson and Lategan each rated second on the roster with three shots on goal.
- Max Coyle accounted for two of the Chargers three blocks on the night.
- UAH went 29-for-60 on face-offs against the Wildcats.
- The Chargers did not allow a goal in four penalty kills.
- Wood finished the weekend with a team-high three points on one goal and two assists.
- Sinclair now has three games with 30 or more saves.
Next Time Out
- UAH hits the road to Bowling Green for WCHA games next Friday and Saturday. Puck drops at 6:07 p.m. CT for both matchups.