OMAHA, Neb. - The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team fell to Omaha 6-1 on Friday night in nonconference action at Baxter Arena. UAH dips to 0-3-0, while UNO improves to 1-0-0.
- A major penalty late in the second period allowed the Mavericks to extend their lead to 4-0 heading to the third period as the hosts did not look back in a 6-1 win on Friday.
- Omaha took the early lead with a pair of tallies at 4:32 by Josh Boyer and 6:31 by Teemu Pulkkinen for a 2-0 lead after 20 minutes.
- UNO added two more goals in the second period by Zach Jordan at 19:21 and Chayse Primeau at 19:52 to give UAH a 4-0 deficit heading to the third.
- The Mavericks' Tristan Keck and Jason Smallidge scored at 1:44 and 3:30 of the third respectively, before Tanner Hickey scored for the Chargers at 12:50 on the power play to bring the game to its final score of 6-1.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH registered 15 shots on goal in the contest, led by Hickey with three shots on goal.
- Mark Sinclair started in goal for the Chargers, totaling 29 saves in the loss.
- The Chargers totaled 16 blocks with five different players recording at least two blocks in the game.
- Hickey's goal was the first of his career.
- Both James and Neudecker recorded the first assists of the season.
Next Time Out
- UAH and UNO wrap up the two-game set on Saturday at 7:07 p.m. at Baxter Arena.