BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The Bowling Green State University hockey team opened up its series vs. Lake Superior State with a dominant five to nothing shut out win on Friday (Nov. 22) night. The Falcons started quickly scoring two first period goals with Max Johnson and Sam Craggs finding the back of the net. Bowling Green led in the shots department at a 32-18 mark that also included goals from Cameron Wright, Connor Ford and Evan Dougherty with Ford's goal coming on a penalty shot. Eric Dop was stellar in goal for BGSU posting his second consecutive shutout making 18 saves and helping the Falcon defense keep LSSU scoreless in the power play department (0-8). The Orange and Brown will conclude the series on Saturday night (Nov. 23). Puck drop is scheduled for 7:07 PM.
- The Orange and Brown scored first at the 6:25 mark in the first period thanks to a Max Johnson goal that was assisted by Will Cullen and Cameron Wright.
- Just 31 seconds later Sam Craggs scored his first goal of the season to make it 2-0. Craggs was assisted by Frederic Letourneau and Taylor Schneider.
- Cameron Wright netted the third goal of the night in the second period at the 7:19 mark. Wright was assisted by Tim Theocharidis and Taylor Schneider.
- After being hooked skating to the goal, Connor Ford drilled a penalty shot with 10:35 left in the third period.
- Evan Dougherty capped off the scoring on the night notching a goal with 0:40 left in the contest. Cameron Wright picked up another assist.
Falcon Stat Facts
- As mentioned above Sam Craggs scored his first goal of the season tonight (Nov. 22). Craggs now has a goal and assist on the campaign for two total points.
- Cameron Wright has stayed hot for the Orange and Brown scoring his team leading ninth goal of the season. Wright now has three straight games with a goal which includes a goal in four of his last five games. The Newmarket native also had two assists for three points on the night. With 12 points on the season (tied for team lead) Wright is now quickly approaching his total from a season ago which was 20 points.
- With his penalty shot goal tonight (Nov. 22), Connor Ford is tied for with Alec Rauhauser and Cameron Wright for the roster lead in points with 12. Ford is the first Falcon to score on a penalty shot since Frederic Letourneau scored against Michigan Tech in the WCHA playoffs last season (March 9, 2019).
- Eric Dop picked up his second straight shutout now going 120 minutes without giving up a goal. With the shutout, Dop has now reached five on his Falcon career and has given up one goal in the last three contests. This is the third time Dop has gone back to back games without allowing a goal in his career.
- Along with Dop, the Falcon defensive unit held strong blanking the Lakers in the power play as LSSU went 0-8 on the night with the Falcons not allowing a goal with 18 shots on goal for Lake Superior State.
- The Orange and Brown had 47 total shots tonight which marks a season high. With 32 shots on goal BG has now had 30 shots on goal in four games this season.
- Bowling Green scored five goals tonight which is the most since the opening game of the season when the Falcons beat Miami 7-4.
Following this series with Lake Superior State, Bowling Green will have a home and home series with Notre Dame on November 29 and 30. The Falcons will head to South Bend on the 29th for a 7 p.m. start and then return to the Slater Family Ice Arena to face the Fighting Irish at 7:07 on November 30th.