BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The Bowling Green State University hockey team dropped the series finale against Lake Superior State by a final score of 3-1 on Saturday (Nov. 23) night. BGSU out shot LSSU 30 to 22 in the contest. It took until the middle of the second period for either team to score a goal and when they did they were less than two minutes apart. Lake Superior State knocked in a power play goal at the 10:25 mark in the second period with Connor Ford rallying and scoring his second goal in as many nights also on a power play at the 11:41 mark. LSSU then scored the next two including an empty net goal by Max Humitz with 12.6 seconds left in the game to clinch it for the Lakers. Bowling Green will be on a short hiatus for Thanksgiving until Nov. 29 when they will travel to South Bend, Indiana and face Notre Dame at 7 p.m. It will then be a quick turnaround as the two will play the next day (Nov. 30) in Bowling Green with puck drop scheduled for 7:07 p.m.
- Pete Veillette opened the scoring for the night netting a power play goal at the 10:25 mark in the second period. Hampus Eriksson picked up the assist.
- Connor Ford answered and notched his second goal in as many nights at the 11:41 mark in the second period. Alex Barber and Brandon Kruse each picked up assists.
- Alex Ambrosio tallied a power play goal for Lake Superior State 4:17 into the third period. Will Riedell picked up the lone assist on the goal.
- Max Humitz capped off the scoring for the night for LSSU getting an empty net goal with 12.6 seconds left to clinch it for the Lakers.
Falcon Stat Facts
- As mentioned above Connor Ford scored his second goal in as many games after scoring on a power play goal last night. Ford now has seven goals and 13 points which leads the squad.
- Brandon Kruse picked up an assist on the Ford goal for his ninth of the season. Kruse now has nine assists on the campaign.
- Alex Barber also had an assist which puts him at 10 on the season as the team's assist leader with Kruse not far behind. Barber is the first Falcon to reach the double digit mark in either goals or assists with 11 total points and has now surpassed his point total from last season (10).
- Eric Dop has now given up just two goals in the last four games and just one from this weekend. Dop had 19 saves on the night.
- The Falcon penalty kill unit had a great weekend as Lake Superior State was just 1-12 on the weekend including 0-8 on Friday night.
- Mareks Mitens and the Lakers defense were excellent tonight which was needed after the Orange and Brown posted a season high 56 shots with 24 on goal.
- Bowling Green will have a home and home series with Notre Dame on November 29 and 30. The Falcons will head to South Bend on the 29th for a 7 p.m. start and then return to the Slater Family Ice Arena to face the Fighting Irish at 7:07 on November 30th.