BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The Bowling Green State University hockey team opened their WCHA schedule with a 3-1 win over Michigan Tech on Friday (Oct. 25 ) night. Bowling Green out shot the Huskies 26 to 21 in the game. MTU grabbed an early lead in the first period before the Falcons tied the contest with a power play goal. BGSU went on to tally two more man-advantage goals to subdue Michigan Tech. This was the first of this two game series against the Huskies. The Falcons will host the second game on Saturday (Oct. 26) night in Slater Family Ice Arena. Puck drop is at 7:07 PM.
- Michigan Tech got on the board first at 5:09 into the first period of play. Trenton Bliss scored a power play goal assisted by Greyson Reitmeier and Seamus Donohue.
- The Falcons answered at 9:20 into the first with a power play goal of their own from Connor Ford. Brandon Kruse and Alec Rauhauser recorded assists on the play.
- Will Cullen put the Falcons in front 15:17 into the second period with another power play goal. This was his first goal of the 2019-20 season. Tim Theocharidis and Frederic Letourneau tallied assists.
- Connor Ford lit the lamp one more time for the Orange and Brown on the power play 12:17 into the third period. Alex Barber and Max Johnson recorded assists.
Falcon Stat Facts
- Bowling Green went three-for-three on the power play in tonight's victory. The Falcons have tallied every goal they have scored on home ice on the power play this season so far. This after defeating Western Michigan with a pair of power play goals last weekend (Oct. 18).
- Connor Ford tallied two power play goals in Friday's contest. This is his first multi-goal game of the 19-20 season and the fourth of his career. Last season he was tied for the national lead in power play scoring at 10 with along with his teammate Max Johnson. Ford has tallied four points over the last two games, tying him for the team lead in points with Alec Rauhauser (7).
- Will Cullen tallied his first goal of the season in the victory. He is up to three points so far this year(1-2-3). Last season he scored 14 points on the year.
- Senior alternate captain Frederic Letourneau recorded an assist on Will Cullen's eventual game winning goal. He continues his hot streak from last season with already four goals on this young season.
- Bowling Green will host the Michigan Tech Huskies for one more game at home in this series on Saturday (Oct. 26) at 7:07 PM. Following this two game series, the Falcons will travel to Mankato, Minnesota to play the Mavericks of Minnesota State (Nov. 1-2).