TOLEDO, Ohio - The Bowling Green State University hockey team fell to the Western Michigan Broncos at the Huntington Center in Toledo on Saturday night (Oct. 12) to conclude the Ice Breaker Tournament. The final score of the contest was 5-2. Western Michigan struck first in the first period followed by a goal by Bowling Green early in the second period to tie the game at 1-1. The Broncos would run off three unanswered goals, creating a deficit that ended up being too steep to overcome for BGSU. The loss moves BGSU's record to 1-2-0 on the season as they prepare to meet Western Michigan twice more next weekend for a home-and-home series.
- Western Michigan opened the scoring one minute into the contest off the stick of Drew Worrad. Dawson Dipietro and Jared Kucharek picked up assists.
- Bowling Green would get on the scoresheet 38 seconds into the second period. Tim Theocharidis tallied his first goal of the 2019-20 campaign, with Connor Ford and Frederic Letourneau recording assists.
- Western added to their lead in the second period with a goal by Ethen Frank, being assisted by Scooter Brickey.
- On a power play, the Broncos tallied another goal in the second period, this one off the stick of Ronnie Attard. He was assisted by Hugh McGing and Michael Joyaux.
- WMU extended their lead in the second period with a goal from Austin Rueschhoff with an assist from Dipietro, pushing the score to 4-1.
- With three seconds remaining in the second period, Taylor Schneider found the back of the net for his first goal of the season with assists coming from Sam Craggs and Frederic Letourneau.
- Western Michigan capped off the scoring in the third period with an empty net goal by Wade Allison, pushing the score to the eventual final of 5-2.
Falcon Stat Facts
- A duo of sophomores chalked up their first goals of the season for the Falcons with both Tim Theocharidis and Taylor Schneider finding the scoring column.
- Senior alternate captain Frederic Letourneau tallied his first points of the season in tonight's game with a couple of assists.
- Sophomore Sam Craggs recorded his first point of the season assisting Schneider on his goal.
- The Falcons and Broncos will reunite next weekend for a home-and-home series. The Slater Family Ice Arena will serve as the venue for the first game, scheduled for a 7:07 p.m. start on Friday night (Oct. 18). Following, the series will move north to Kalamazoo, Mich. on Saturday (Oct. 19) for a 7:00 p.m. puck drop.