PITTSBURGH, Pa. | The University of Alabama in Huntsville hockey team dropped the nonconference series finale at Robert Morris on Sunday afternoon by a score of 4-3 at Clearview Arena. UAH drops to 0-2-0, while RMU improves to 2-0-0.
- Robert Morris broke a 3-3 tie at 12:49 of the third period on a goal by Randy Hernandez, which sent the Colonials on their way to a 4-3 win.
- Robert Morris was first on the board 22 seconds into the contest with a marker by Nick Prkusic.
- UAH evened the game at 1-1 on Bauer Neudecker's second goal of the season at 11:24 of the first, thanks to assists by both Tyrone Bronte and Tyr Thompson.
- The Chargers pulled ahead at 6:22 of the second on a goal by Dayne Finnson, who netted a wrist shot from the slot. Lucas Bahn notched an assist on the score.
- RMU tied the contest at the 13:32 mark of the second period on a tally by Aidan Spellacy, before the Chargers regained the advantage at 18:39 of the frame on Thompson's marker.
- The Colonials again tied the contest at 19:23 of the second with a power-play goal by Santeri Hartikainen.
- The hosts pulled ahead at 12:49 of the third period with a goal by Randy Hernandez, which gave the Colonials the eventual 4-3 win.
Inside the Box Score
- UAH totaled 18 shots on goal, led by Finnson with four shots on target.
- Both Bronte (0g-2a) and Thompson (1g-1a) had two points apiece to pace the offense.
- Derek Krall started in goal for the Chargers, posting 25 saves in the game.
- Thompson now leads the roster with three points with two goals and one assist in the opening weekend.
- Neudecker has scored in back-to-back games to start the season.
- Krall's start in goal was the first of his collegiate career.
Next Time Out
- UAH returns to action on Friday, Dec. 4 with a nonconference tilt at Ferris State.