BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The No. 8 Bowling Green State University hockey team completed the weekend sweep over No. 18 Michigan Tech with a 5-2 victory on Saturday night (Jan. 30). Alex Barber paced the way for the Falcons with a trio of points with Cameron Wright logging two as well. In goal, Zack Rose picked up the win behind 15 saves for the Orange and Brown. The win moves Bowling Green to 16-4-0 on the season as well as 5-1-0 in the WCHA. The pair of wins puts the Falcons just two points behind Minnesota State in the WCHA standings with the two teams set to meet next weekend in Mankato.
Next Home Game: The Falcons will return to the Slater Family Ice Arena on Feb. 12 and 13 for a two-game series against Lake Superior State. Both games are set for 7:07 p.m. puck drops and will be available to stream on FloHockey.
- Michigan Tech scored the first goal of the game with a score from Tristan Ashbrook with assists from Colin Swoyer and Nick Nardella.
- The Falcons would answer with a power play goal later in the first period. Alex Barber was able to redirect the puck for the goal with assists coming from Cameron Wright and Taylor Schneider.
- Before the period concluded the Huskies were able to net a power play goal of their own. Alec Broetzman scored the goal with assists from Tyler Rockwell and Arvid Caderoth.
- In the second period the Falcons were able to tie it up on the power play. Gavin Gould was able to net the score, seeing assists from Cameron Wright and Barber.
- Not long after Bowling Green was able to capture the lead. For his third point on as many goals, Barber clipped the shot of Justin Wells to redirect for the goal. While Wells had the primary assist, the secondary was credited to T.J. Lloyd.
- In the third period, the Falcons added a short-handed goal off the stick of Sam Craggs, his second short-handed goal of his collegiate career. Carson Musser tallied the assist on the goal.
- Before the end of the game, Connor Ford was able to net an empty-net score to add to the Bowling Green total, coming unassisted with just under two minutes left to play.
Falcon Stat Facts
- The sweep marks the seventh of the season for the Falcons, already matching their total from the 2019-20 campaign.
- Leading the Falcons in points, Alex Barber tallied a season-high three points on the night with two goals and one assist. It will go down as Barber's fifth multiple-point game this year and his second multiple-goal game of the season.
- With two points, Cameron Wright joined Barber in the multiple-point effort, logging two assists. The outing is Wright's fifth multiple-point game of the season and his third multiple-assist.
- With the empty-net goal, Connor Ford registered his 107th career point, giving him sole possession of 61st all-time in program history.
- The Falcons will take to the road next weekend when they travel to face No. 3 Minnesota State in a two-game WCHA series. The first game on Friday night (Feb. 5) will start at 8:07 p.m. EST while the second game of the series on Saturday (Feb. 8) will drop the puck at 7:07 p.m. EST. Both games will also be available to stream on FloHockey.