BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - The No. 7 Bowling Green State University hockey team overcame a 1-0 deficit entering the third period to best Robert Morris in a 2-1 final on Tuesday (Dec. 29). Connor Ford was able to net the game-tying goal just 36 seconds into the third period before Will Cullen scored the game-winner less than three minutes later. In net the Orange and Brown turned to Zack Rose who logged 30 saves and improved to 4-1-0 on the season. As for Bowling Green, they will begin conference play this weekend holding a 9-1 record, standing as the fourth best start in program history.
Next Home Game: The Falcons will back at the Slater Family Ice Arena on Jan. 7 and 8 for a two-game home series against Bemidji State with both games being available on FloHockey.
- In the second period Robert Morris scored the first goal of the game, coming from Grant Hebert with assists from Brendon Michaelian and Justin Addamo.
- The Falcons fought back with the game-tying goal from Connor Ford, coming just 36 seconds into the third period. The goal came on the power play for Ford, his second power play goal of the season. Will Cullen and Brandon Kruse logged the assists on the score.
- Less than three minutes later Bowling Green claimed the lead with the game-winning goal from Will Cullen, his second point of the game, scoring with both teams playing 4-on-4. The assists on the score came from Justin Wells and Alex Barber.
Falcon Stat Facts
- With the win, the Falcons are now 9-1 with a six-game winning streak while also being 17-1-2 over their last 20 games dating back to last season. The start to the 2020-21 campaign is the fourth best in program history and the current win-streak is tied for the second longest active streak in the country.
- Scoring the first goal, Connor Ford logged career point 97, needing just three more to become the program's 75th 100 point scorer. Max Johnson reached the mark earlier this season while Brandon Kruse did so last year.
- With a goal and an assist in the contest, Will Cullen logged his second multiple-point game of the season. The game-winning goal was also his first of the season and fourth of his career.
- Registering an assist on Ford's goal, Brandon Kruse is now up to 119 career points, tying Brian McKee for 54th all-time in program history. He's also up to 88 career assists as he pursues 100 career assists.
- Once again Zack Rose registered a season-high, and a near career-high, for saves in a game with 30. Rose has yet to allow more than two goals in a game this year and has allowed just one in each of his last two starts.
- As a program, Bowling Green has now tallied 995 wins needing just five more to reach the millennial mark of 1,000 wins in program history.
This weekend the Falcons will begin conference play taking on Ferris State on Saturday and Sunday (Jan. 2 and 3) in Big Rapids, Mich. with both games set for 3:07 p.m. start times. The meeting between Bowling Green and Ferris State will be the second after the Orange and Brown swept the Bulldogs in a non-conference series earlier this season.