|1st||8:39||PRV||1-0||EV||Kate Friesen (1)||Cassidy Carels/1, Blair Parent/1|
|1st||18:46||WIS||1-1||EV||Annie Pankowski (1)||Jenny Ryan/1, Mellissa Channell/1|
|2nd||1:27||WIS||2-1||EV GW||Sarah Nurse (1)||Sydney McKibbon/1, Mellissa Channell/2|
|2nd||2:30||WIS||3-1||EV||Mikayla Johnson (1)||Lauren Williams/1, Kim Drake/1|
|2nd||16:09||WIS||4-1||EV||Molly Doner (1)||Maddie Rolfes/1, Mikayla Johnson/1|
|2nd||19:51||WIS||5-1||EV||Kaitlyn Harding (1)||Courtney Burke/1, Mikayla Johnson/2|
|Shots on Goal||1st||2nd||3rd||SOG|
|Team Stats and Records||PP||PIM||SHGF|
|Sarah Bryant (L, 0-1-0)||60:00||5||15||11||7||33|
|Ann-Renée Desbiens (W, 1-0-0)||60:00||1||8||8||2||18|
SAN JOSE, California -- Thanks to a four-goal second period, the No. 3 Wisconsin women's hockey team defeated Providence College, 5-1, on Friday at Sharks Ice in San Jose, California. The two teams will wrap up their West Coast series on Saturday at 5 p.m. (CT).
- Sophomore Annie Pankowski tied the game at one after redirecting Jenny Ryan's shot with just over a minute left in the period.
- Sarah Nurse scored the game-winner just over a minute into the second period as the junior used her speed to skate past the Providence defense and fired the puck into the net.
- Junior Mikayla Johnson, senior Molly Doner and senior Katy Harding added insurance goals in the second period.
- Johnson ended the night with three points off of a goal and two assists, while junior Mellissa Channell also added two assists
- Junior Ann-Renee Desbiens saved 18 of the 19 shots she faced to earn her 38th career win.
- The Badgers, after setting the NCAA penalty killing record last year, killed all five of their penalties tonight