ADRIAN, Mich. - The Bowling Green State University hockey team picked up their second win of the season, topping Adrian in a 5-0 final to complete the series sweep. Max Johnson and Alex Barber each logged two goals in the game while Cameron Wright added the fifth score for Bowling Green. In goal for the Falcons, Zack Rose was able to clinch his first career shutout. The win marks the second time in the last three years that the Falcons have begun the season with a 2-0 record.
Next Home Game: The Falcons will return to the Slater Family Ice Arena on Saturday, Dec. 5 to host Mercyhurst with a 1:30 p.m. start. The game will serve as the first of a home-and-home with Mercyhurst.
- Early in the first period Max Johnson carried over his hot start to the season, scoring the first goal of the night to give the Falcons the early advantage. Brandon Kruse was credited with the lone assist on the score.
- In the second period, Cameron Wright got the scoring going with his first goal of the season. Carson Musser and T.J. Lloyd were able to log the assists, the first for Musser and second for Lloyd this season.
- Just over a minute later, Alex Barber added a goal of his own, also his first of the season after having two assists in the first game of the year. On the assist was Gavin Gould, logging his first point as a Falcon, as well as Connor Ford.
- Barber scored yet again in the second period, this time coming on the power play, marking his first multiple-goal effort of the season. Ford came through on the assist again, his second of the night, as was Will Cullen.
- Before the second period ended, Johnson added another goal to his tally, his second of the night and fourth of the season. Garrett Daly had the first assist while Kruse had the second.
Falcon Stat Facts
- After reaching 100 career points last weekend with two goals, Max Johnson added another multiple-goal performance to his total, already up to four scores this season. The two goals bring his career point total to 102, moving him up into a tie for 68th in program history.
- Assisting on both of Johnson's goals, Brandon Kruse registered his 111th and 112th career points, moving his season total for points up to four. He's also up to 84 career assists, needing just 16 to become the 21st player in program history to reach 100 career assists.
- With two goals on the night, Alex Barber has tallied two points in back-to-back games after having two assists in the season opener. The multiple-goal performance is his first of the season and fourth of his career.
- Registering two assists on the night, Connor Ford now has three assists on the season as well as multiple points in both of the Falcons' games so far this season.
- Between the posts, Zack Rose logged 16 saves en route to his first collegiate shutout, moving to 1-0-0 on the season for the Orange and Brown.
Next up on the schedule currently is a matchup with Robert Morris set for Dec. 1 at 7:05 p.m. Robert Morris will play host to the Falcons in that matchup with Bowling Green hosting the second of the home-and-home series on Dec. 29.